Sunday, May 19, 2013

Wash day (10 weeks post texurizer)

          Wash day was Thursday. Hopefully I don't make it a habit of documenting my wash days long after the actual date. Anyway here is my routine:
      [1] Pre-shampooed with castor oil mixture.
      [2] Washed with Paul Mitchell Instant Moisture Daily Shampoo.
      [3] Rinsed with Green tea.
      [4] I've never had a protein condition so I decided to try it. I used Palmer's Coconut Protein Pack. I've had it for awhile and finally mixed it with the Just for me Conditioner and applied it to my hair. I let it sit for a couple of hours underneath a heating cap.
      [5] I rinsed the product out in the shower and was surprised by how hard my hair felt. I couldn't get a comb through it without feeling like my hair was breaking off. I tried putting more of the Just for me conditioner to soften my hair but it didn't work. I finally left my hair alone and hoped that my hair would be more manageable when it dryed. 
      [6] I wrapped my hair in a cotton shirt until it dried about 70%.
      [7] I then applied my leave-ins and proceeded to carefully detangle my hair. My hair didn't feel as hard when it dried after the protein pack but I still don't like the result. My hair hasn't been the same after the protein. After detangling I braided my hair in five cornrows.

Overall I know that I'm going to do more research on protein conditioning and obtaining a proper balance between moisture and protein. I'm always learning so I guess that is why I always say..... 
                                                 

                                                     post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

check out these similar posts