Like the title says, I've finally decided to go natural. After giving it long thought and weighing the pros and cons, I figured that this is the best thing to do.
Reasons I'm going Natural
(1) I have been hearing a lot about the side effects of the chemicals in a relaxer. To think that I am applying those poisons on my scalp is very disturbing. I have no doubt that a lot of the problems Black women have to deal with can be traced back to the chemical in relaxers.
(2) I'm a college student now and some day hope to marry and have kids. First of all I want to find a man that loves me for me (my natural hair and all) and won't be shocked that I want to rock the hair I was born with
(3) I want to be an example to my future kids (especially girls). I want them to see that to be just like 'mommy' doesn't have to include getting a relaxer. I've never had to deal with the pressure from kids to get a relaxer but I know that what you see around you influences you a lot.
(4) I love the hair thickness I see that those natural women have. Right now I am frustrated with the limp twist outs and braid outs my texurized hair produces.
(5) I want to see what my natural hair texture is like. I haven't had to deal with it since I was 14 and I have forgotten how it was like. I want to learn to manage the hair I was given.
I plan on doing a long transitioning. No big chop. I most likely will trim a couple of times but for the most part keep my relaxed ends until my natural hair grows to my shoulders. Right now Youtuber alexxxhes is my biggest inspiration. We'll see how it goes!!