Thursday, April 11, 2013

Wash Day (5 week post relaxer)

I have to start out by saying: never leave your hair wash longer than your usual stretch. Unless you want greasy oily hair like I did. I was lazy last Thursday so I postponed my wash day to Sunday. However that wash never happened since I ended up be out of town. I had school the next day so I never got around to washing my hair. It was torture! I couldn't wait to get my hands in my hair and scrub.

I finally went hair product shopping. Yay!! I got a couple things like sulfate free shampoo and a moisturizer.
So Wash day was today after a unfortunate stretch.

I started out pre shampooing with my warm mixture of castor oil. I did something different today. I poured some oil in a tiny ziploc bag and baggied my ends. I'll have to see if it makes any difference.

Shampooed with the new shampoo I got: Paul Mitchell Instant Moisture Daily Shampoo. It didn't feel like it was stripping my hair of the oil I applied.

Rinsed with Green tea. I forget to let the tea steep for awhile so it seemed a bit weak.

Conditioned with Just for me hair milk conditioner. Next time I have money I'll have to get a real deep conditioner.


This is how my hair looked after rinsing out the conditioner before a trim or leave-ins.


 This is my hair after the trim. I can't wait until my hair is one even length.


 

After the trim, I applied my leave-ins. I got some new products to try out.
I first sprayed Pro 23 Infusium leave-in treatment. I sealed with Avocado oil. I finally applied the Cantu shea butter leave-in conditioning cream. This is the first time I tried the LOC method ( Liquid, Oil, and Cream). So far I'm liking it. :)
   


I've got to say that I was really looking forward to this wash day. It ended well. I was worried that I would lose alot of hair since I had skipped a wash day and had neglected my hair a little bit. However everything ended well.

Always Growing!

Ivy


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

check out these similar posts